what would you buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

has anyone used the 17 for doubles?

yes. For me in the Great Lakes, its my top choice. I do also have HOG D1 Colds, and a newly acquired set of Poseidon Xtremes that I am evaluating.

First stages are mated with SP G250v or 156 & in the case of the HOGs, Classic or Zenith

those regulators don't have the heat sinks on either end of the barrel to help with cold water.

In the past In have looked at the schematics for the G250/260 models and didn't notice any heat sinks. They have the metal barrels but so do older G500 and newer S600 regs. It won't matter a lot to me as I calls 19C as cold :)

that "finned" weird nut on the body holding the air barrel that the (also weird) hose nut attaches to are finned to act as heat sinks. The "fins" add surface area....

that "finned" weird nut on the body holding the air barrel that the (also weird) hose nut attaches to are finned to act as heat sinks. The "fins" add surface area....

Okay, but they are the same as on other older Scubapro regs. The plastic nuts are "more recent" and somewhat fragile. Do the G250/260 come standard with the metal nuts? I haven't been able to buy those, I can only get the plastic ones.

The G250/G250Graphite/G250v have the "heat sink/spline" nuts, never plastic. I don't know anything of the G260 as I have hoarded a bunch of the 250 series as well as 109/156 all brass bodied seconds, and see no reason to even look at the 260.... The clearance prices on the G250v was incredible when the G260 came out....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom