What wing for double 7L/LP50s? Or also 12L S72 LP85(?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah, the Vertex comes in Signature (normal) and Extreme (super tough). So Northeastscubasupply just left out the Vertex part off the 'Vertex Signature' name, confusing as there is a 'Signature' series. CaveAdventures has the similar "The 42 Pound version is great for small doubles or rebreathers and the 55 is perfect for regular doubles diving", which is helpful, though small may not be the same as tiny.

Last edited:
The side-to-side profile of most common rebreathers is very similar to that of a set of tiny doubles due to the smaller tank diameter. I use the same wing for my SF2 and my Pelagian, 3L steels on either side of the canister, as well as the Faber LP50's.

The side-to-side profile of most common rebreathers is very similar to that of a set of tiny doubles due to the smaller tank diameter. I use the same wing for my SF2 and my Pelagian, 3L steels on either side of the canister, as well as the Faber LP50's.
I'm not familiar with rebreathers, by tiny doubles are you thinking US standard 8.5" manifold, smaller ~7.3", or euro 6.1" c-t-c?

Edit:
euro 6.1" c-t-c = 11.6" doubles LP50 width (edit: edge-to-edge) for 5.5" LP50
U.S. 8.5" c -t- c = 14.0" doubles LP50 e-t-e
U.S. 8.5" c -t- c = 15.25" doubles S72 e-t-e
U.S. 8.5" c -t- c = 15.75" doubles AL80, LP80, HP100, HP120 e-t-e

Last edited:
Mine are US, 8.5"/14" edge-to-edge. For reference, my SF2 is 17.5" outside edge-to-edge. My Pelagian isn't put together right now but it's probably somewhere in between, and the Oxycheq works equally well for all of them.

Assuming there is not a just-7L/LP50 wing, I crunched numbers (added to OP) on what the next twin up looks like. Next sizes are 10L and S72, LP80. So a doubles wing that targets these as maxes, and can flap less if the tank inside it shrinks with a smaller spacing is most versatile, thus most likely. Although a single purpose 7L wing is enticing.

What do non-US divers, band spacing endowed, use for 7L twins? Are there wings that target 7L twins? Or max 10L or 12L twins?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom