What wetsuit to take to Roatan in May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that's a wise decision on your part. No matter how warm-blooded you are, it's always wise to wear some type of exposure protection. .5 mil is fine, or even a dive skin. You can always throw the 3 mil shorty over it if necessary.

We were there end of March-beginning of April. Water temp was80-81 degrees. I was happy in a 3 mm full suit. Several men on the boat wore trunks and a rash guard or lavacore vest.

For the past couple months I have worn a swimsuit and tshirt during the day and a 3mil at night and been very comfortable, my wife has worn a 3 mil full suit the whole time and gets chilled and a friend visiting has worn a 5 mill full suit been comfy while his wife was overheating in a 3 mil, Hope this helps. By the way, I am cooking dinner tonight for 4, any idea how much I should cook?

I dive Roatan every year and I dive a Mares 1 mil coral suit with body armor undershirt---Perfect

Today's water temp was 80 degrees on both of our morning dives. Yesterday it was 79. My wife and I were both comfortable in 1mil suits. YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom