what wetsuit to take to Bali next week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's all what you are use to, was just diving last week in the Philippines water temp at 100ft down was 29C everyone was looking at me like I'm crazy putting on only polyeflin shorts and a short sleeve rash guard. They all had 3 and 5mm, then again one month ago was diving in Tahoe in a 1mm full polyeflin suit and hood, temp was 15 to 15 C. got kinda cold after 10 minutes, but not unbearable.

3mm will be more than fine,depends if like some people they feel the cold a lot and a hood does make a big differents as well.

Usually when i go to Indonesia i will do maybe 60 dives so i will start off with 3mm and later go on to 5mm as doing so many dives you start to feel cooler,last time i found using a hood with my 3mm from the start it would be much longer into the dives until i went onto 5mm which it was and at times for early morning dive use my 5mm just to keep my body temperature warm as time went by.

Diving off Lombongan Island, I had a 3 mm. We would hit upwellings with a 10 degree difference and would lose our breath from the sudden change. I would take a 5 mm if you have it. You can always flush with water if you get warm.

Thanks for the advice, I just came back from Bali. Water temp was 20 - 27 at different dive sites, a 3mm was fine, but i wore an extra 0.5 rip curl 'hot skin' at Crystal bay and the blue corner.

I had some lovely close encounters with Mola-mola at Crystal bay!!!

if you want to bring only 1 wet suit and will be diving in N.penida then better bring a full length 5mm wetsuit.

Diving there in two weeks. I figure I would bring a 3mm for dives other than Nusa Penida and Padang Bai. For Nusa Penida and Padang Bai, I will use a 7mm
full suit I have stored away. I don't have a 5mmm and don't want to spend money on a 5mm. What do you think?

dived in Nusa Penida in Aug. a few years ago, water temp was ave. 25c, once we had 17c!!!! if you do Nusa Penida at least 5mm + hood !

Diving there in two weeks. I figure I would bring a 3mm for dives other than Nusa Penida and Padang Bai. For Nusa Penida and Padang Bai, I will use a 7mm
full suit I have stored away. I don't have a 5mmm and don't want to spend money on a 5mm. What do you think?

What I usually recommend for people traveling as far as you are coming is to just bring the 3mm full suit you have and rent a 3mm shorty to layer over top for those dives at sites with cooler water.

I was always happy in my tropical Bare suit in tropical waters, but I the water seems colder, or is it me getting older? So now I dive in a 7 mm full suit and I'm on occasion still not comfortably warm. Still next week on the Maldives it will be 7 mm full suit. No cap however, if it can be avoided, I do not where something on my head, wel except for the mask :)

3mm full suit and a lavacore hoody for cooler/multiple/night dives has always been fine for me in april, july, october and march - thermoclines were a bit chilly in july and october wasnt the warmest but that was sufficient for me personally.

Back
Top Bottom