what wetsuit to take to Bali next week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

accurist

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What wet suit should I take to Bali next week? what is the current water temperature?

Hey now, all going to Bali are we ;-)

I am arriving on Bali in 3 weeks, i am bringing a 3mm overall. It was just a bit too cold for me using a shorty on 4 dives getting my OW cert. in Tulamben a few years ago.

dived in Nusa Penida in Aug. a few years ago, water temp was ave. 25c, once we had 17c!!!! if you do Nusa Penida at least 5mm + hood !

I would recommend a full length suit no matter how cold or warm for protection against sun, scrapes and stings.

In warm water I use a 0.5 mm (half millimeter) Neoprene suit or a polyolefin suit (very tough fabric, but no insulation). Though in the same waters the Indonesian guides (who are very skinny) wear three to five mm and often complain of the cold even though I find the water warm or refreshing.

3mm full suit + hood for nusa penida

I'm diving Nusa Penida in a few weeks. Trying out my new full length titanium 2mm which supposedly is much warmer than a normal 3mm steamer. I've also got a sharkskin vest/hood which is nice and thick and fleecy so I hope these two combined will be enough!

Definitely bring a 5mm if you have one - Dive sites around Penida and Padangbai have cool water, especially now during mola-mola season.

All but the hardiest divers need a 5mm long at this time of year (preferably with hood) to dive Nusa Penida and/or Gili Tepekong areas. You can easily find yourself in low 20's water. I dive with 5mm Farmer John with 5mm jacket (so I have 10mm around my torso), plus hood. Of course the problem is you fry on the boat while suiting up.

Tulamben & Menjangan are much warmer, so 3mm is enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom