Water Temperature Komodo end of April / beginning of May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
To those who frequent or have dived Komodo, what water temperature should I expect in Komodo waters around 28 April to 4 May?

Thanks in advance

Hmm temp can differ a lot North vs South, but I guess given your dates you will stick to the North probably? Then I would say 26-30 is a norm (South could be few degrees lower at the same time...). That said, whenever I was there always took 5mm - might seem like an overkill but do a couple of weeks of non stop 3-4 dives a day, hit those lovely currents and/or longish dive and you can get cold. As a disclaimer - I do get cold very easily though :wink:

If you are talking this April my answer is ask someone who lives/works there when you get closer. We took 4 back to back trips there this last year and the temps were all over the place. We did a back to back over the holidays and it was warmish in the south on the first trip and freezing on the second when it should have been warm. Central was toasty in some areas and green and cold in others. It was not as expected this year so I would ask when it gets closer. If your trip involves Rinca then it will probably be colder by that time. Ranges 20-25. Best bet is to have layers and ask right before you go.

If land based you will only hit central and north sites so it is consistently 26-28, mostly 27-28. South Komodo can get down to 19C such as in manta alley. I’ve not had any major thermoclines in central and north the many times I’ve been there.

🥶🥶

Back
Top Bottom