What wet suit...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Bare Artic 7mm. It has held up extremely well and compression is minimal (just got out of 40 degeree water today). I have had Henderson suits. Previous generations seem better than current ones. Like Bare better. The vast number of sizes for the Bare suits is wonderful. You can almost get a custom suit this way. X-cel also makes a killer suit.

The Bare arctic combo, 7mm full w/ 7mm overshorty an attached hood, paid like $275 I think... very happy with it , holding together great... good value for the money, dont spend more than you have too for the benefit of a brand name.

How is the size of the Bare Artic? did you get the same size for both, or is the hooded shorty one size bigger than the full suit?

The Bare hooded shorty is cut to fit over the matching suit. You should be in the same size for each item. It's a great set!

Pete

Hi,

I am looking to buy a good 7MM wetsuit for diving in Monterey, CA. I previously dove in a 7MM that was horribly cold and did not do the job. I was considering a Drysuit but after purchasing undergarments the suit, socks, and new boots it got too expensive.

Can anyone recommend a high quality 7MM that I can use to do deep dives in Monterey that will allow me to stay decently warm. I will also soon be using Nitrox so I want a suit that will allow me to stay under for 45-60 minutes.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
MT

Hi,

I am looking to buy a good 7MM wetsuit for diving in Monterey, CA. I previously dove in a 7MM that was horribly cold and did not do the job. I was considering a Drysuit but after purchasing undergarments the suit, socks, and new boots it got too expensive.

Can anyone recommend a high quality 7MM that I can use to do deep dives in Monterey that will allow me to stay decently warm. I will also soon be using Nitrox so I want a suit that will allow me to stay under for 45-60 minutes.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
MT

Look at the waterproof w1, you will not look back. i have last years version it is one of the best fitting, well constructed semi-dry suits you will ever put on.5mm or 7mm:D

Look at the waterproof w1, you will not look back. i have last years version it is one of the best fitting, well constructed semi-dry suits you will ever put on.5mm or 7mm:D

Thanks for the advice. I went with a Bare Arctic 7MM Wetsuit and a Bare 3mm Men's Thermalskin Sport Vest to layer up. I will also be wearing 5MM boots and gloves and a Whites Drysuit Hood. I picked up these products on the cheap so we'll see if they're sufficient.

If this still does not work I'll likely go the drysuit route when funds permit it.

Thanks for the help,
MT

Back
Top Bottom