What was your first piece of gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a reg. I just didn't want to use a mouthpiece that had been in a hundred mouths. Then a wetsuit. Many people peeing in a wetsuit that I had rented was not appealing. But this all depends on where you are and what you rent.

I went in the wrong order but I picked stuff up as it was available/instock or onsale most of the time.

2Tanks
Regs/computer
BC
Wetsuit
Fins/Mask/snorkel
all the other stuff one needs to round out that package.
than it was:
2 more tanks
pony bottle and regs for it
2 more regs
aga mask
2 more computers
another computer
2 back plates
and a bunch more stuff about $11,000 in 2 years +/-

A cup and then some skates. Then a stick,...... oh scuba gear. A semi dry which is now retired.

after the snorkle, mask and fins it was basically "the rest"...

Drysuit, tank, regs, bc, computer, knife..
The drysuit btw had to be returned because I got one that suggested I was the same height that I am but twice the weight...

Right after certification I bought a weight belt and weights. :rofl3: Cheapest thing I guess. Then I got out of diving for about 4 years.

When I came back I dived right in, so-to-speak. My purchase was a mail-order BCD and reg. Both have been retired, as has the weight belt.

Now I got good stuff, and plenty of it. Had to build a nice storage barn in the back yard, (got kayak stuff too) and also converted a nice closet in the garage with rods, shelves and hanging canvas garment storage bags. Stuff that shouldn't have temperature change goes in closet, all the rest goes in the barn.

Soooo.....does a storage barn count as scuba equipment?????:rofl3:

I bought a mask, fins, snorkel, BCD and reg package through Scuba Toys. A dive knife and booties from Leisure Pro. I bought it all online and did not see my goodies for about three months as I was working out of the country when I ordered them. I was like a kid in a candy store when I got home. Although I traveled by plane for about 16+ hours to get home, I could not sleep at all that first night home. I was figuring out how the Airtrim BCD worked, the Mares Airlab computer, the buckles on my fins and what were those plastic insert things inside Mares fins. You know the ones that keep the shape. I've seen people try to dive with them while they are still inside :) Anyway, you can imagine the scene at 330am when my wife sees me in front of the mirror with the gear on. She could not stop laughing.

I went to a local dive shop the next day and asked the store keeper if I could set up the BCD and regulators on a tank. I was worried he would not allow me to, as it was purchased elsewhere. It turned out he was an instructor, not the owner and was cool with the whole thing. I wound up taking my AOW with him and really learned a lot. As I only had 6 dives at the time, I was so happy to be able to get some comfort with the gear before going diving.

I only regret buying the BCD. It works great but I don't like the Airtrim. I wound up buying a Mares Icon while doing my divemaster training about year later.

Arizona

shark_tamer:
Spent a wackfull of money, all at about the same time ....

Bought wetsuit, gloves and computer on one visit.

About a month later: BC.

Next visit: UW camera.

Six months later: reg, octo, console, light, safety signal, reel.

Am I missing something ?

missing the orange shovel

ima :dork2:

dano

bought the mask and the snorkel first.

I got such a deal it was hard for me not to buy everything. Me and 4 other friends bought 5 full sets so they gave us a deal.
oceanic delta 4, regulator
oceanic excursion bcd
oceanic vt-3
oceanic v-16
air 2 spear air
4 way stretch wet suit
and a awesome bag
now i will be paying a c-card back 4 a while

I bought a BC the LDS had on sale. Then two months later I bought my regs on sale, then two months later my computer again on sale. Bought alot of small things on-line, lights, safety sausage, knife,slate, wetsuit. I still need to get a mariachi before I got to PR/St Croix in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom