What was your experience with covid testing turnaround time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just back from Alliance health. $175 for a PCR test but they claim under 24 hrs (used to be 24-48). They have various facilities around Florida (and NY). We've used them twice before with success. After reading this thread I've been thinking we should just try the free pharmacy test but last time none of the pharmacies here would guarantee < 48hrs (which won't work with the 72hr window we need). Hopefully testing will become more uniform and streamlined.

Got our results in 6 hours this time. wow! Esp. on a Sun night!!

Ready for your covid test? Belize airport returning to US. Results in 15 minutes.
covid test.jpg

In HK gov test centre it is HK$240.00(~US$30.00) but takes 24hrs for the report(print and electronic). A lot more in private if need the result urgently. Time is money.

PCR test only. Rapid antigen test won't get you on the plane.

In HK gov test centre it is HK$240.00(~US$30.00) but takes 24hrs for the report(print and electronic). A lot more in private if need the result urgently. Time is money.

PCR test only. Rapid antigen test won't get you on the plane.
I was just in Greece with a Britsh tour group. Rapid tests were accepted, and required to board for the US, but not for England.
My British friends do have to do a Covid test in England within a few days of returning. The rules requiring a test prior to boarding for Great Britan were lifted for vaccinated citizens last week I was told.
We were all required to provide Vaccination proof before and many times during our travels.

Yesterday I scheduled a Covid test, since I was traveling in Greece, and flying.

Miraculously, also, just a little later yesterday the (Negative, thanks for nothing guys) results that no one could locate from my Sept 10 Covid test suddenly appeared in my email!

So much for the 2 to 3 days results that Minute Clinic, and CVS boast of!

I have to wonder how long the results from my test today will take to get back to me!

Usually required to be done within 72 hrs of your departure. There is difference between 72hrs and 3 days!!
If you need to transit somewhere then it is calculated from the final departure to your destination. So be careful on this.
I hope there is an International approved standard on entry and departure requirement for traveller(at least by flight).
Rapid Antigen Test is cheaper and faster but less accurate.

Usually required to be done within 72 hrs of your departure. There is difference between 72hrs and 3 days!!
If you need to transit somewhere then it is calculated from the final departure to your destination. So be careful on this.
I hope there is an International approved standard on entry and departure requirement for traveller(at least by flight).
Rapid Antigen Test is cheaper and faster but less accurate.
Almost everything you've said depends on your destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom