What was the best training you ever did?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fundamentals was most transformational.

I learned the most on GUE tech 1.

GUE Rb80 was the toughest.

Just out of interest, what makes the RB80 course to be a tough course? Is it cause you cant trim like on oc? There not alot of gue jjccr/rb80's divers around to ask :p

GUE Fundamentals. Really opened my mind. Two of the biggest things I got from it was about mindset towards diving and not having an ego. Passed (did not think I would) with 26 dives dives going in.

PADI Ice Diver was my favourite.
PADI Rescue is a close second.
I also did an Intro to Underwater Archaeology class through MAST in Toledo, Ohio that is also high on my list. The class time for that was dry, but the dives and seeing it all come together were a blast.

Just out of interest, what makes the RB80 course to be a tough course? Is it cause you cant trim like on oc? There not alot of gue jjccr/rb80's divers around to ask :p
There's a lot going on. You've got all the normal OC stuff, plus the switchblock with its two injectors in two inputs, the BOV, a drive reg hose from the left post, a drive hose from the stage bottle, normal MOD of the gases, MINIMUM operating depths (due to po2 drop inherent to SCR units) for all the gases, position induced changes to the work of breathing, and you cant use your lungs to help maintain neutral buoyancy any more.

Its a good bit to manage.

Oh also all your buddies have all the same things and you need to be lookin' out for them too.

I wrote a class report and posted it to the DIR forum back when I took the course.

For me, technically the DMC with arguably one of the best Master Instructors (who's really tough on DMCs and his DMs are highly respected and sought out by other instructors), at least in the region. With most of the dives being in low-vis lakes, we really had to know UW nav (compass and natural) for the rescue, SAR, mapping, leading and following students, etc. For fun, my Night Diver class in beautiful (but tiny) Spring Lake where we saw a 10+' blue American Eel in the middle of the dive site.

PDIC Open Water in 1981 followed by American Red Cross Advanced Lifesaving/WSI in 1988. The two courses started off my journey as a scuba diver, instructor, and lifeguard.

TDI's extended range.

That was hard and challenging, but I've enjoyed every part of it !

GUE Fundamentals, I am coming up on 300 dives, have done rescue, and am a new Instructor. I have to say the Fundies made me feel like I was a poser and should sell all my gear lol but not going to happen because I passed. It was very challenging and made me a much better and much more aware diver. Which now I can pass on to those that I teach and dive with. Great experience.

Before that Cavern, learn a ton but think I was to new a diver and should have waited. Had a great instructor now I think I would have much more fun doing it.

Back
Top Bottom