What type of fins do use and what do you like about them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveRred.jpg

Here is a real fin.....the blade can be used on either full foot or open heel.
They come in 3 different stiffnesses to relate to what is the most efficient for each individual diver, and the workload ( or lack of) that the diving they do involves.

There is no fin mentioned in this thread, that will come anywhere near these fins for efficiency, bottom time( lowered sac rate) , and safety margin for emergencies.

Also unlike virtually the whole category of freedive fins, these fins actually DO allow precise control, even great helicopter turns and reverse kicks.

diveRred.jpg

Here is a real fin.....the blade can be used on either full foot or open heel.
They come in 3 different stiffnesses to relate to what is the most efficient for each individual diver, and the workload ( or lack of) that the diving they do involves.

There is no fin mentioned in this thread, that will come anywhere near these fins for efficiency, bottom time( lowered sac rate) , and safety margin for emergencies.

Also unlike virtually the whole category of freedive fins, these fins actually DO allow precise control, even great helicopter turns and reverse kicks.

Dan, I looked at the link for these fins you posted earlier. I have a few questions. Are the carbon blades worth the extra money? Is there a place in Florida that I can touch these fins? You say 3 different stiffnesses, how would you recommend determining which is the best stiffness?

Dan, I looked at the link for these fins you posted earlier. I have a few questions. Are the carbon blades worth the extra money? Is there a place in Florida that I can touch these fins? You say 3 different stiffnesses, how would you recommend determining which is the best stiffness?

I am in Palm beach, you can dive with me some day and use these--I would use my C4's that day.
The material in the DiveR's is nothing like any other fin. They are as fast as the $800 C4 fins, and even more efficient...AND, the DiveR fins are not fragile like the C4's are.
I got the DiveR fins at the Freedive Shop in riviera beach ( near the palm beach inlet area and the other dive stores and boats.)

Ideally, for stiffness, you try mine, and see if you need softer. I cycle competitively, with 4 to 5 day per week 25 to 40 mile rides every week, including lots of intervals and sprints....to me, the stiffest Diver R fins are very soft...I could see asking for a custom pair that were stiffer....but unlike all other freedive fins I have tried, under full power accelleration, they do NOT spaghetti...they seem to change their angle, and gain more thrust--almost like a gear change....then as I hit high speeds, you modify the shape of your kick, and you really do go into high gear!!!

^You can dive with him, BUT can you keep up with him?

Jet fins with spring straps for me. Tried, true, and almost indestructible. Even survived a Sea Otter chewing on them the other day with just a scratch.

Force Fin Pros (also in my profile picture).
Compact for travel, tough as nails, and as fast as any fins I've tried.
And I really like the foot pockets. The huge open toe design doesn't force you to kick with the toes half of your feet, thereby greatly reducing strain on the fronts of your ankles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom