What to wear?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m2ryoung

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am brand new.....starting class next week. My fiance is an experienced diver and is a great support. But I have a chic question. What do I wear to class to get into the pool? and what is the best thing for girls to wear under the wetsuit.. Id prefer not to wear a bathing suit, but not sure what some of the other women would suggest?:D

Personally, I would wear a dive skin under the wetsuit. But given you don't own one, your other option is a swimsuit. In the event you are not put in a wetsuit rightaway for the pool sessions, you may want to take a sweatshirt with you to wear over your swimsuit under the BCD.

My wife wore a rash guard and girly board shorts over a swimming suit for the pool sessions. For the OW she wore a rash guard over a bikini and didn't have any complains. She is pretty filled out in the bust and wanted to make sure when she took off the wetsuit nothing was hanging out.

:eek:) Its tougher for women trying to figure out what they want to wear, what they can be comfortable in and whats the "norm" ... I truly appreciate your reply....Its nice to hear that the men pay attention to what their wives are wearing..... Thank you :eek:)

Thanks for the reply.....a sweatshirt ??? oh boy... :eek:)

Dear, the sweatshirt will provide a bit of warmth, and it will also protect you from chaffing with the BCD. It's not a fashion statement.

If you're in this for the fashion........nevermind.

I would advise against going commando (bare) under the filthy old rental suit. A swimsuit at least is a good idea.

I have to agree with previous responders on the merits of a rashvest. If you plan on doing tropical diving after the course, a rashvest/guard would be a good investment (also useful for preventing sunburn on sunny snorkel trips or canoeing/paddling ventures).

Whenever I'm in a cold and wet situation - such as poolside or on a boat - I find a windbreaker jacket really useful. You can wear it on top of a wet suit or swimwear and it takes a bit of the chill out.

in my experience, most women wear a one-piece bathing suit or a lycra skin under their wet suit

if you feel uncomfortable with the bathing suit, go with the lycra skin

I just wore my bikini under the wetsuit and i still do.

I wore a two piece bathing suit under my wetsuit during my pool session. On boat dives I've seen women in skins or rash guard and boy shorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom