What to wear under a wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you could post a picture I bet the SB ladies could give you better advice :wink:

I wear the long Speedos ... .the kind that come down to just above your knees. I find them a bit embarassing, so I quickly slip a bathing suit over them once I get out of the wet suit. I used to use simple bathing shorts, but they tend to bunch up under the wetsuit, which is uncomfortable, and take too long to dry.

MyDiveLog:
I wear the long Speedos ... .the kind that come down to just above your knees. I find them a bit embarassing, so I quickly slip a bathing suit over them once I get out of the wet suit. I used to use simple bathing shorts, but they tend to bunch up under the wetsuit, which is uncomfortable, and take too long to dry.
Same here, I also have a 5oz top that is the same thickness as my shorts. O'neill makes them, not sure who else does. Try here, if you are interested.

www.jackssurfboards.com

I was a die hard swim trunk guy until I started getting a rash from the rubbing and the all out uncomfortableness of it. The key is to just keep some board shorts ready for when you get out of your suit if you are embarassed...like every man should be :)

jonnythan:
Why wear anything under it??

.....Doing a beach dive and changing on the tailgate. I wouldn't want to give anyone a heart attack :)

PugetDiver:
.....Doing a beach dive and changing on the tailgate. I wouldn't want to give anyone a heart attack :)
That's what a towel is for. Presumably if you wear compression shorts or something like that, you'll take the wet things off before you put normal clothes on anyway.

jonnythan:
That's what a towel is for. Presumably if you wear compression shorts or something like that, you'll take the wet things off before you put normal clothes on anyway.

Actually I use a small very quick drying bathing suit. By the time I peel off the wetsuit, my shorts are dry. I then wear the shorts home. If it's cold I will throw on my sweats. I also wear that hooded vest that you find to difficult to unzip and take off. To each his own I guess.

Several vendors make triathlon shorts that work well for me. Meant to be in the water, dry quick and have a minimal padding that is not bulky, but might help with the modesty issue. They lay under the wetsuit nice without bunching and usually have leg grippers to keep them from riding up. They are sort of in between a Speedo Jammer and a bike short. I find compression short legs roll up a bit too easy.

Sportsbasement.com usually has some on clearance at the best prices I have found (if you know your size). I have used TYR, Orca, and Zoot. I like the TYR the best so far. Nice weight material on the 9" unisex.

Dive Gear USA makes very good dive shorts. Dive with them all the time, they are comfortable under a wetsuit and they dry quickly.
Dive Gear Shorts

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom