What to wear under a wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay I seem to be bombarding the site with newbie questions today but what does everyone wear under their wetsuit? I was thinking along the lines of a bathing suit or some sort of compression shorts. Does that sound about right?

Lukiedukie:
Okay I seem to be bombarding the site with newbie questions today but what does everyone wear under their wetsuit? I was thinking along the lines of a bathing suit or some sort of compression shorts. Does that sound about right?

I wear a quick drying bathing suit. It's dry by the time I get the wetsuit off.

See some views on this rather long thread regarding speedo's and also other folks who wear shorts (i am one of the latter). Simple swimsuits seem to work, shorts can be a pain if they ride up, speedo's or cycling shorts seem to provide a smooth surface to slide the suit over, but of course the sight of them is horrible. I wear my boxers under my wicking layer and thermal undies when diving dry, shorts when wet.

Speedos, but covered with a sarong after I peel the wetsuit off and I'm able to get into something more modest. No need frightening the topsiders and the small childen.

MoonWrasse:

I am sorry but for me it will have to be a speedon't. I might be a sexy man in some people eyes but I am not that sexy. LOL

Thank you all. It will probably will be some swim trunks

Simple short shorts will do just fine...not those super long skater/boarder shorts that go down to your ankles.....I call those longs! :D

The other option is to don a lycra suit, this will help with the donning and have a slight thermal value as well.

g-string speedo's

Seriously though, I wear lycra swim shorts... a little larger so they aren't showing the jewels. I wear a skin suit on top of that.

Back
Top Bottom