what to learn next?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
L

lcatahan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I'm at 40 dives, PADI AOW certified, and at the stage where I realize how much I don't know that I don't know.

I work in a highly technical, safety-first field and I would like to work towards the same degree of expertise and comfort under stress while diving. I had the same instructor for OW and AOW and she was fantastic, but I felt the training was aimed at new divers, follow-the-DM with your buddy style diving.

My question is what more advanced courses should I be looking at? I've been reading the threads in the knowledge base forum on most frightening moments and panic, and I liked the safety cone described by Thalassamania. Beyond more diving, how can I best gain the knowledge and heuristics to deepen and widen my cone? My ultimate goal is self dependence, whether diving solo or in a group. I'm in the San Diego area if anyone has specific recommendations.

Thanks in Advance,
LC

I would suggest that you take the GUE Fundamentals course. As an individual you will be given an opportunity to learn stuff and be mentored how to do it. Leave the politics behind, it is the one course that i took in the 40 + years of diving that really changed me for the better as a diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom