What to get for drysuit overboots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a pair of XL Scubapro Jets and had to resell them as my CTs were too wide to fit in the fin. My buddy has a pair of XXL Jets that he uses with his CTs and they are a bit loose according to him. There is a huge difference between XL and XXL Jets when you compare them side by side. Hope this helps.

Ah, thanks for that piece of info. I tried with just the socks and the fins with no booties and they were a bit lose as well with the XL's. :confused: I don't what I will do. I do like this idea of the chucks though. They seem to be thinner. Don't cost much, I wonder just how durable the drysuit socks are? They feel really thick.

I have the pinnacle rock boots and I love them. They're very easy to put on over my Hollis dry suit. They also have a nice lip on the heel that i can pull my springstrap over and keep my fins in place when diving. I was in 35 degree water on new years and had 2 pairs of socks (including wigwam 40 below socks) under my drysuit and they still fit comfortably.

I went with bigger wetsuit booties. I have size 13 feet, and couldn't find rock boots that would fit into any fins that my LDS had in stock (other than jets, I didn't want jets, I like my Mares fins, and would have gone with something similar) so I tried wetsuit booties (they ended up being size 14)

I physically took my suit to the shop and tired a whole bunch of options, and that's what I liked the best. If someone makes larger fins I'd like to know!

Back
Top Bottom