What to do for a weekend in Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrscotch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have a longer dive vacation coming up in March, but I'd like to get away to Florida for a 2 or 3 day weekend in Jan or Feb. I'm newly rebreather certified, and would love to get some more time on it, but I don't know if its worth bringing it down for such a short period of time, or if it is, where would be the best place to dive with it? I prefer wrecks to reefs. I have already dived most of the wrecks in the Keys and I'm not opposed to going back, but I'm looking for other ideas. Another option might be a guided cavern tour. I have no cave certifications but have done about 14 guided cenote dives and loved them. Is a cavern tour in FL worthwhile? Any other ideas?

thanks

....I'm newly rebreather certified, and would love to get some more time on it,

Just to provide you with a better suggestion, what kind of RB are you certified on ?

Also are you a photographer and bringing your (what kind) camera too ?

There are a bunch of different RB divers down here and it would be most beneficial to match you up with someone with similar equipment as yours to share tips and tricks on your rig.

I'd contact Captain Oliver Paoli thru MissConduct dive charters in Pompano. I saw him earlier this year when I was over there. Oliver is one of the top rEvo divers in Florida and has certified tons of rEvo RB divers. He's always on the water and if you don't dive with him, then he knows so many rEvo people that he can hook you up with. The Ft. Lauderdale / Pompano area has some excellent RB sites to dive.

^^^^+1 for Oliver. As a big time rEvo instructor, he will set you up with perfect spot for you and likely hook you up with a buddy, or a boat full. The wrecks int he Keys are big, but the Pompano wrecks are very nice too.

Take Cavern course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom