What to Choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a noob and can attest to Suunto issues. I bought a used Suunto Vyper Novo from someone on here for nearly the price of a new Zoop Novo, so it was kind of a no brainer as the Zoop Novo was the one I wanted.

When I first used it on my first 3 OW dives (where I couldn't complete due to illness) the depth was all wrong. We were at 25-30 feet deep and it showed me at 11-14 feet the whole time.

So I sent it to Suunto and after about a month it was sent back to me. They replaced the depth sensor in it for free and I just went and completed my OW and AOW (total of 9 dives) and it appeared to work properly. When we did the deep dive the alarm went off at 100ft and it was right were the instructor had us stopping, so I'm assuming it was accurate. My max depth was 102ft on that dive.

I'm hoping the issue doesn't crop up again at any point. I like the form factor and functionality of it. I switched to the bungee strap and prefer it greatly to the watch buckle strap that it came with standard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom