What to Choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ridnick

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I am looking into my first big purchase of a dive computer. Mainly want the Bluetooth feature and wireless AI.

As i advancing through the ranks AOW, Rescue, and maybe further I want something that will be with me for along.

The 4 i am looking at are Sherwater Teric, Sherwater Perdix ai, Aqualung i770r, and The new Sunuto D5.
Besides the 2 sherwater's i cant find any comparisons.

Do any of the users have thoughts.
Side notes. I am still young so the display size dosent realy matter. I don;t know if i will ever be a tech diver but probably eventually go for my dive master.

Thanks for your thoughts

Suunto should be written off
Aqualung isn't bad, but nothing compared to the Perdix

I sold the Perdix and bought a Teric due to form factor preference

I have both the Teric and the perdix AI and prefer the Teric, my eyes are not only old but not good and I can see the display just fine on the smaller size setting because it has great contrast and brightness. I wore the Teric as a watch on a recent trip to Maldives, the perdix ended up getting loaned out to a diver who was locked out by their Suunto.

If I was shopping in the $1000 price range I wouldn't consider anything but Shearwater. From what I've seen and read, the company's support of their customers is without equal.

I would also say Shearwater.

I wish I had gotten Shearwater.... I'm still totally happy with my Galileo Luna, but in hind sight, maybe the Shearwater would have been a better choice. Don't get me wrong, the Luna(or Sol for mixed gas) is a great computer, I love it, but I don't know...it feels a little..
dated? Maybe? Sorta?... plus Scubapro (who bought Uwatec) doesn't offer the best support for the Galileo series. I think the Shearwaters are probably a bit more durable.

I would also say Shearwater.

I wish I had gotten Shearwater.... I'm still totally happy with my Galileo Luna, but in hind sight, maybe the Shearwater would have been a better choice. Don't get me wrong, the Luna(or Sol for mixed gas) is a great computer, I love it, but I don't know...it feels a little..
dated? Maybe? Sorta?... plus Scubapro (who bought Uwatec) doesn't offer the best support for the Galileo series. I think the Shearwaters are probably a bit more durable.

Scubapro has a much more up to date hoseless AI wrist dive computer, the G2, than the Solution/Luna. It is a great computer. Check this:

https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.co...s/g2-wrist-dive-computer-includes-transmitter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom