What time do the boats get back in the morning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmcarver

Reaction score
I need to know what time the morning dives are done for the 2 tank trips on fridays. I have an 11:50am flight on Saturday 7/23 and don't want to cut it too close to my 24hr no fly time but would love to get that one more dive set in. Also looking for dive buddies for the rest of the week weither for shore or boat. I don't think the girlfriend will be wanting to dive as much as I do(but one can hope).

Is anyone shore diving on Sunday 7/17 in the Delray Beach to Fort Lauderdale area?
Any time through out the week?

As a general rule of thumb... a morning dive departing 0830 to 0900 would return to dock about 1230 to 1300.

Following the 2nd dive, if you're back on surface around noon you'd be good to go for a flight as early as 0800 the next morning.

I've heard PADI has revised it's recommendation down to 12hrs for recreactional divers. I haven't seen that in writing but I've boarded flights after 16 or so hours a number of times.

cmcarver:
I need to know what time the morning dives are done for the 2 tank trips on fridays. I have an 11:50am flight on Saturday 7/23 and don't want to cut it too close to my 24hr no fly time but would love to get that one more dive set in. Also looking for dive buddies for the rest of the week weither for shore or boat. I don't think the girlfriend will be wanting to dive as much as I do(but one can hope).

Is anyone shore diving on Sunday 7/17 in the Delray Beach to Fort Lauderdale area?

Don Janni:
As a general rule of thumb... a morning dive departing 0830 to 0900 would return to dock about 1230 to 1300.

Following the 2nd dive, if you're back on surface around noon you'd be good to go for a flight as early as 0800 the next morning.

I've heard PADI has revised it's recommendation down to 12hrs for recreactional divers. I haven't seen that in writing but I've boarded flights after 16 or so hours a number of times.

It was the only question I missed on my OW exam. I had the older PADI OW materials (like one version old... hey saved $$$) but it cost me my 100%!!

If one is diving a computer, they also calculate no fly time based on the actual exposure from the dives.

I thought I better go look - the first link from Google was this: http://www.scubadiving.com/training/your_body/flying_after_diving:_latest_research/

cmcarver:

You'll be fine.

There are recommendations, depending on how many dives, how deep and for how many days you get more conservative the more time you spend in the water. 24 hours is a fairly long time, BUT just like NDL's they arent hard and fast, they are statistical best estimates when your risk is lower. So the difference between 23.5 hours and 24 hours between your last dive and flying is really nothing, there is however between 4 and 24 hours :wink:

Just as a thought, some boats run later trips (one per day) on fridays, they might leave around 10, but many are ealier. On saturdays when more people come through, they run two trips, leaving at 8am and 1pm, fridays are a bit less in demand. Even so you'll drop about 30 mins after you leave the dock, about a 40-50 min dive, 1 hour +/- on surface and then another 40-50 min dive, then travel back in for 20-30 mins. Total time out is around 4 hours, if you get back at anytime before early afternoon you'll be just fine as you'll be around 22 hours out, if you did some afternoon dives, that is your own call, if you did night dives and flew next day at noon you might be cutting it close.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom