What the hell are we gonna do during the Olympics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it might be a good time to explore some of the other sites in Washington that we haven't been to yet. Of course that depends on the border lineups.

Stuart

Anyone got any suggestions as to where we can dive while the Olympics are in town?

You can always dive over to Chilliwack Lake to cool off. I use to do my Advanced Navigation class there when I had my dive shop in Abbotsford. Something like a 1000' of cold fresh water without any physical reference. 50' down hanging in space. It sure showed who had their buoyancy correct and who didn't... :)

My guess is that using the the Ironworkers to avoid going downtown, and waiting until after the morning rush to Whistler which should be mostly over by 8 I would think, and the traffic shouldn't be much worse than an epic powder day at Whistler. The sea to sky should be "open" up to Alice Lake, so unless your looking for altitude diving, it won't be a problem.

I'm guessing border crossing will be insane with all the terrorist FUD in the news recently.

If anything remotely terrorist like happens again in the western hemisphere all bets are off.

I'm not sure if the two situations are comparable because our Winter Olympics was right after Sept 11, 2001, but downtown was virtually deserted except for the Flatlander Invaders and the International Olympic Committee with their hands out for freebies. The newly re-done interstate was practically empty.

It was an instructional moment though. I am now convinced the Olympics is crooked and in the hands of third world thieves and first world joblesss nobility.

I hope the event does not disrupt you life.

Art

Good luck with the ferries, Mike. If you can make it to Horseshoe Bay, I'll be impressed. Mind you, you could almost walk there from home.

I think Nanaimo and the Sunshine Coast are off my list.

Tsawwassen *might* be doable to get to Victoria, but I wonder just how busy they'll be?

The Tsawwassen ferry should be fine as we are going AWAY from the olympic scam, all those lovely sites in Victoria :)

hmmm or u ccould look up someone in Campbell river? we dont have any vanoc problems up here lol. or do Mill Lake.. everyone take a handfull of milfoil out with ya heehee.

What about some boat dives?

wouldn't mind hitting some of the nanaimo local spots. Jessie, Clarke Rock, the wrecks, Snake Island wall....

mmmmm

Hey...listen hear Mr. Smarty pants...reality called...they said your time is coming...you want me to start a count-down for you???
Hey Maui hasn't been that great since you left... I did the 3 tank dive again with Ed's and it was just okay. We definately had the best day the previous week at Shark Condo!

Yes I know our days are numbered and we are getting very close to leaving :depressed:

I will be in touch when we return to get you some of my pictures & vids from our dives.

I'm in for Boundary Bay or Point Roberts - it would be nice to dive in my area. Bet we could dive from Boundary Bay to White Rock in all of about 15 feet of water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom