What the hell are we gonna do during the Olympics?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Island diving here we come :)

If I were you, I'd try to figure out how to arrange a house swap with someone who has tickets but no lodging yet. Preferably someone who lives close to some primo dive sites!

It is hard to believe that housing is not more in demand. Do the Winter Games have fewer attendees than the Summer Games? I just know that when my brother was in the Summer Games, in Atlanta, we couldn't find anything within a 2 hour radius. We had to beg a favor from the first guy my Dad ever worked for, who happened to be the CEO of Nationsbank, to get a room. Cool thing is, although my Dad passed many years ago, the guy took care of us.

You should go to some events. It is magical. And it is easy to grab single tickets right at the start of an event or just after for face value or less.

Bro brought home a gold one :D

Silver it is!

What about Boundary bay? The surface swim couldn't be thatttt bad.
Vedder canal drift dive.
Aldergrove lake.
The list is endless...

Anyone got any suggestions as to where we can dive while the Olympics are in town? :idk:

It's gonna be brutal to get around, let alone finding a place to dive that we can access easily.

Can you imagine what it'll be like getting spot checked while we're hauling large cylinders of compressed gas through town?

Come to think about it, I could clean the leaves out of my pool if we want something with good vis and awesome bottom times. :D

You think that is bad? If you know any private pilots ask them about their restrictions...in-freaking-sane.

You think that is bad? If you know any private pilots ask them about their restrictions...in-freaking-sane.

and now think of all the commercial ones laid off until April 1 when the restrictions are lifted.

No Money For Schools
No Money For Health Care
No Money For The Homeless

Lots of money for Entertainment!

Island diving here we come :)

Good luck with the ferries, Mike. If you can make it to Horseshoe Bay, I'll be impressed. Mind you, you could almost walk there from home.

I think Nanaimo and the Sunshine Coast are off my list.

Tsawwassen *might* be doable to get to Victoria, but I wonder just how busy they'll be?

anyone have any contacts with Markus's shop in Port hardy? is it still open?

Back
Top Bottom