what the different between using Nitrox and Normal Air to dive???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If what the navy says doesn't line up with the science, then something is wrong. The simplified view of oxygen that you hold is the weak link. I bet you still haven't read any of those studies.

And no, I've done a fair bit of research, talked to many people, and done some diving myself to reach the conclusions of how I dive. And if something more compelling was presented, I'd change. I've done that plenty of times, and I'll do it again.

The Navy is doing the research and using the science that applies. They also read all the other research that is out there. Go to the Panama City facility and you will see they are doing a lot more then just "a fair bit of research". They are also talking to more qualified people then just sport divers!

You don't buy much Trimix do you? :D

I have used trimix in saturation diving but not for scuba. While I think it is a much better and safer idea then using nitrox I just do not see much benefit to using it on scuba. I also do not see any down side either to using it on scuba as I do with nitrox.

You could still tox on hypoxic trimix despite you claiming you think its safer than nitrox, which goes to show even further you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have used trimix in saturation diving but not for scuba. While I think it is a much better and safer idea then using nitrox I just do not see much benefit to using it on scuba. I also do not see any down side either to using it on scuba as I do with nitrox.

Please, please, please tell me you know that it's ppO2 which is the problem not fO2, you are seriously starting to worry me now!

The Navy is doing the research and using the science that applies. They also read all the other research that is out there. Go to the Panama City facility and you will see they are doing a lot more then just "a fair bit of research". They are also talking to more qualified people then just sport divers!

Read the studies that Rainer posted. Learn some more about scuba trimix and nitrox. I know its tough, but I'm sure you can find the time to do that. The motivation, otoh...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom