What strobe to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I need some advice on buying a strobe for our Oly 5050.

We have our camera and a housing. Now we are ready to buy a strobe. We don't want to spend a whole lot of money. Can anyone give me a recommendation?

Sea & Sea YS90DX, INON D-180 are both gonna run you about $525-550. Ikelite D-125 is a bit more. I wouldn't suggest investing in any others.

Geez! These strobes cost even more than the camera! Thanks for the recommendations. At this rate I think we are going to be totally equipped with no money left to actually go anywhere, HAHA!

The way I justified it was that if I change cameras, housing, etc., I can still use the strobe and the base, etc. At least that is what I told my wife.

Texas Diver:
Geez! These strobes cost even more than the camera! Thanks for the recommendations. At this rate I think we are going to be totally equipped with no money left to actually go anywhere, HAHA!

Texas Diver:

:rofl: Welcome to Underwater Photography! Now you know why we spend so much time in the local lake!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom