What size Ranger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n618ft

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to order a package off Leisure Pro but I'm having a hard time sizing up a Zeagle Ranger. I'm about 6'0" and 165lbs... measured my waist at 35 (wear 32-33 pants) and my shoulder-waist distance at 22". That puts me right in the medium waist and right between the medium/large shoulder measurements. Unfortunately, Leisure Pro cannot order a MED/LG BC. Should I just get a large or maybe just order from another place?

Does Zeagle really offer separate sizing options for waist and shoulder??

Does Zeagle really offer separate sizing options for waist and shoulder??

Absolutely... you can go to any dealer and order one in a custom size or even online at most places that drop ship and don't have their own inventories.

Absolutely... you can go to any dealer and order one in a custom size or even online at most places that drop ship and don't have their own inventories.

Call Gene at ZeagleExpress.com, he is right down the street from Zeagle and can help you out. I am sure he will work on price.

I own a Zeagle Ranger and love it. They are very adjustable. The Zeagle size chart is here: http://www.zeagle.com/showproduct/10. I would go to a Zeagle Dealer and try both Med and Large. Spend some time adjusting. You could put a tank on and add weights to get the real fit. Also consider what exposure suit you are going to wear. If you are going to use a 7mm suit I would get a Large. Again the Ranger is very adjustable.

Good health and good diving.

Call Gene at ZeagleExpress.com, he is right down the street from Zeagle and can help you out. I am sure he will work on price.

What he said. That's who I bought my Ranger LTD from. When I ordered mine I ordered a complete small and found out I actually needed medium shoulders. Gene was more than helpful in shipping me the medium shoulder assembly.

My apologies. I even went to Zeagle.com and this flexibility in sizing was not apparent to me from their website. I assumed that the error was yours, but it must have been mine.

BTW, I own a scout and love it.

Last edited:
After a couple days of careful consideration, I drove down to see Gene in person and I got the gear from the source! Ranger, Flathead VI/XP, and an Octo-Z... Great guy and amazing friendly service. I highly recommend you call him before purchasing any Zeagle gear - he's down the street from the Zeagle headquarters. Thanks for the great advice!

Also... I ended up getting the MED/MED size... it's perfect and has room for a 1" +++ thick wetsuit - I guess a lot of my height is in my legs.

Just an FYI - Zeagles tend to be sized large and even though I'm 5-11, 145 lb., I can still easily fit into a small BC that is extended. I also use a Medium that is cinched up. They are very adjustable. I use what is available, several day a week. We use them exclusively at The Florida Aquarium and they really do hold up after lots of dives daily.

After a couple days of careful consideration, I drove down to see Gene in person and I got the gear from the source! Ranger, Flathead VI/XP, and an Octo-Z... Great guy and amazing friendly service. I highly recommend you call him before purchasing any Zeagle gear - he's down the street from the Zeagle headquarters. Thanks for the great advice!

Also... I ended up getting the MED/MED size... it's perfect and has room for a 1" +++ thick wetsuit - I guess a lot of my height is in my legs.

Hey that's great and funny too. I called Gene on another issue and told him I mentioned his shop to you here on the board. I am glad it all worked out, his shop doesn't look like much but there is alot there. He has years of exp in the Zeagle product. Now all you have to do is find time to dive! Some friends and I are headed to Blue Grotto tomorrow for a couple tanks. I hope you like your gear, I love mine.

Back
Top Bottom