What size Chuck Taylors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpsexton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a drysuit on the way and I am going to buy Chuck Taylors insted of drysuit boots. What size should I get? Should I go up one size? If I wear an 11 normally should I get size 12?

It depends on the type of socks you are going to wear. I used to wear 2 pairs of wool socks and I needed to go up about 1 1/2 sizes. Now I wear weezle foot wear and 1 size bigger shoe works ok. If your drysuit has neoprene socks you might need a little bigger shoe than if it has latex socks.

Gillty

I'm not sure what kind of socks it has. It's a Bare NexGen and It won't be here till next week. The web site says "Compression-resistant Soft Boot" so I'm guessing neoprene. Anyone know for sure?

My foot is 11" long and 4" wide (max measurements). I usually wear a size 10.5 or 11 shoes. I got size 11 Chuck Taylors, removed the padding inside and I'm able to fit my drysuit neoprene socks (3mm maybe?) from Bare-Nex Gen Pro with thick socks on, but it's very tight, which is the way I like it. They fit my XL jets too. Anyway, unless you are able to try them on you just have to guess and hope you get it right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom