What should I do?

What should I do?

• Take back the Princeton Tec set and use the $$ for the UK HID?

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Keep the Princeton Tec set and save up for a Halcyon Canister in the far future?

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had been wanting to save up for one of those 'golden' Apex regs anyway. The UK just seems like an overrated HID light. Don't get me wrong, it's really nice. But for an extra $200 if I can get a nice canister light??? I think I'll just save up. I'm going to need a canister if I want to get into cave or tech anyway. Plus, I don't have to hold on to the canister light like I do the UK. The Princeton Tek set should suffice for night dives and caverns. The bulb price on those HID's are just too outrageous.

I guess it's better to have a nice reg than a nice light :wink:

Thanks to all for the input. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

If you're an Apex or Atomics fan, I'll be posting on the reg section soon :D

I have a HID cannon I just got it back from UK it's all new. I got wreck 1 light from DR. and do not need it any more. you can have it for. $120.00 If you want.

BlueWaterDiving....

I might be interested in that :wink:

PM me w/more details if possible.

Thanks! :D

BlueWaterDiving once bubbled...
I have a HID cannon I just got it back from UK it's all new. I got wreck 1 light from DR. and do not need it any more. you can have it for. $120.00 If you want.

A Bloody good option, Just swim around with a 50watt halogen cannister for a while, when you feel you REALLY need HID, you can put a HID head on the wreck cannister, prices will start to drop on the bulbs pretty soon.

You can pick up used 50watt cans for about $150

Evaluate your diving, and your lighting requirements. Dont go spending BIG money on things you dont need, and skimping on things that are a safety issue.

Want a cheap canister light that works great?

Canister light

hallmac

Look Dr J, you'll blow $80.00 in twinkies in six months! Go for the UK.........I am the master at skrimping! I would rather have a better light than wishing I had one. I realize school is tough, been there done that. A man has to relax on occasion. A woman is ten times more expensive than scuba, and the light will always be there....WoW! I can't believe I said that.................

........... I can't believe you said that either, ......':wallpeek:'
l.....but well said, Wreck/Tec

Caymaniac

I voted to go with the UK light cannon.

I think that your light bang for the buck is well worth it for what you can afford at this time. The light output for the HID is FAR superior to halogen. If you had the money I would tell you to get the cannister, but that's not the case. When you graduate and make a few bucks, then go ahead and do it right. In the meantime, get something that will really make a difference.

Oh yeah, take it from someone who knows.

Building a cannister light is not easy. The raw parts are more than you want to spend now, and if it's not done right, you've got really expensive paperweights.

And no light....:bonk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom