What should I do with 10 wonderful days in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apelton

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Planning a getaway end of March beginning of April. I'm staying at Westtpunt and would like some insider info on dives and things to see and do.

Planning a getaway end of March beginning of April. I'm staying at Westtpunt and would like some insider info on dives and things to see and do.

Step 1 - move your post to the ABC Subforum
:eyebrow:

Step 2 - If you're not already hooked up with a dive resort/op, connect with the good folks at Ocean Encounters West for all of your diving needs

Step 3 - Be sure to dine at least once at Sol Food!

Step 1: done...lol

Step 2: Dive Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland both directions at least once. Get on the OEWest boat out to Watamula also and you'll have done the two best dives in that area. Playa Lagun is a good dive also a short drive se of there.

Step 2: Dive Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland both directions at least once.
At least once a day. Also, shore dive from All West, but only go S, not N. Night diving is pretty good there too. All bays from Kenipas to Cas Abou also offer very good reefs. San Juan area plaias are very good, but these require a 4WD and bug spray.

Get on the OEWest boat out to Watamula also and you'll have done the two best dives in that area. Playa Lagun is a good dive also a short drive se of there.

Get om the OEWest boat out to Watamula every time they go there. As for the rest of the boat dives, other sites do not add anything to shore diving. So this is a question of budgeting: either rent a car and drive, or pay for the boat dives.

Other tips:

Rent a car (if not already done so) for at least a few days to discover the rest of the island. It also gets you to other beaches and dive sites.

I agree with RJP (Step 3) to visit Sol Food, but would recommend at least twice.

(btw welcome to the Board)

Sunshine is very good people, she lives on the
island and really knows the people. Trust her.
She's wonderful. E-mail her.
Almost every beach has it's own dive shop. You
can walk in and get a shore dive at any of them.
Many locals enjoy the diving and it's easy to find
someone to act as a dive buddy - save you a great
deal of money by not hiring a dive master.
Just returned from 16 days there and loved it!
So will you.

Get om the OEWest boat out to Watamula every time they go there. As for the rest of the boat dives, other sites do not add anything to shore diving. So this is a question of budgeting: either rent a car and drive, or pay for the boat dives.

Watamula is great indeed, but I always preferred Rediho City and Scooter. Even if the resident seahorses should have moved on in the meantime, imho you will still find the most diverse and beautiful underwater landscapes there. Elvin's Plane Wreck also has beautiful, rather watamula-ish reef around it. So it is always worth adding some more boat diving to your schedule. For shore diving in the area, Playa Largu and Playa Shon Mosa - both @ San Juan - along with All West house reef (Playa Piscadó), Alice in Wonderland, and Playa Lagun have always been my favourites.

Get Sunshine's famous notes (still not available in German, because I am just not able to translate them :() here: BEACHES AND SITES AROUND WESTPUNT, and you receive some valuable if chaotic extra information on what to do during surface intervals.

Greetings from Cologne
Andreas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom