What second stage have you used with Ocean Reef NIRA FFM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robinzon

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I saw several posts around on Ocean Reef NIRA II... what second stage have you guys been using with this mask... from what I heard the NIRA itself is not that great, I personally trust my good MK25/S600 by Scubapro... I was wondering if anyone used that or anyo ther reg... (someone was using Sherwood Maximus??!)

Thanks

I took an intro course for that mask once and they told us that you have to use the reg they supply because other regs are not suitable for the big pressure differentials you'll find inside the mask and they'll freeflow the whole time...

I don't know if it's impossible to get another reg to work or just difficult. Either way, even the one designed for the mask is extremely fiddly. Anything worse than that would make the thing undivable.

R..

Diver0001:
I took an intro course for that mask once and they told us that you have to use the reg they supply because other regs are not suitable for the big pressure differentials you'll find inside the mask and they'll freeflow the whole time...

I don't know if it's impossible to get another reg to work or just difficult. Either way, even the one designed for the mask is extremely fiddly. Anything worse than that would make the thing undivable.

R..

Extremely fiddly is a good description of the mask. The design is poor and the quality isn't much better. The last time I dived one, it was the new Space. Took about three minutes to completely fog if 54 F water. Hydrostatic issues abound with the design.

We just did a demo for this mask for a couple different MABAs....I wouldnt say its the easiest mask to use. .....Im not going to get into to much about it as I dont want to bash the product on a public forum, or have my opinion taken as bashing, but I would go with the AGAs.....

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom