what reg? SP Mk25/S600 classic or Aqualung legend LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjpwong

Reaction score
after researching and considering for a long time about many regs, i have come down to these two
i) mk25/S600 classic
ii) aqualung legend LX

my LDS has offered me quite a good deal for it and they are virtually the same price.
what would you pick?

cheers

IMO I don't think you can go wrong with either of these regulators. I use the Aqualung legend LX and am very happy with it. Have found airflow to be excellent at all depths, and like the option of being able to adjust airflow to my circumstance--helps me to control air consumption. If you have the opportunity you should try both regulators at depth and see which fits your needs best. The important thing is to find which of the two you are most comfortable with. Happy Diving!!!

kjpwong:
i) mk25/S600 classic
ii) aqualung legend LX

my LDS has offered me quite a good deal for it and they are virtually the same price.
what would you pick?

If you don't do any cold water diving, I'd pick the MK25 (although I would go with a regular S600 or a cheaper/imho just as good G250HP second stage - not a big fan of "limited edition" stuff). The hose routing for single tank is hard to beat.

For cold water, the Legend LX is probably one of the best reg out there, although I hear the Scubapro MK17/G250HP is great also.

Anyway, both are very nice regs. I would calculate the cost of spare parts/annual service over a few years, as well as look into the availability of qualified service person(s) in your area.

I dive with the mk25/s600 and LOVE it. My frequent dive buddy has a Legend and he is quite fond of it. You can't really go wrong with either. I prefer the hose routing options that the mk25 offers, but the Legend gets cool points for the all black housing. Throw a dart, flip a coin. . . .

I tend to agree with the previous posters, I assume that you'll be diving mostly in Australia, temperate to tropical waters right?

Scubapro has a long history of standing (servicing and producing parts) for previous regs and their reg lineup is generally acknowledged to be some of the best out there :).

I don't know about the Aqualung but I know for a fact that ScubaPro stands behind their products and are a great company to deal with. I was using a MK25/S600 combo and loved but recently switched to the MK17 with the S600 mainly due to the cold water in the Great Lakes. I can't tell any difference in the way they breath and the fact that the MK17 is sealed and about $100 less, I think that would be the way to go.

Hands down with the ScubaPro MK25/S600. I have both types of regs that you are looking at (as well as a few others) in my rental stock and feel that the ScubaPro is a better preforming reg and requires much less maintenance.

Dennis

kjpwong:
after researching and considering for a long time about many regs, i have come down to these two
i) mk25/S600 classic
ii) aqualung legend LX

what would you pick?

cheers

SIMPLE EASY --- AQUALUNG LEGEND LX

20% less parts
Overbalanced Diaphram design
No Swivel head, great hose configuration.

Lifetime Warranty and Free Parts for Life when purchased from an Authorized US Dealer

I own 8 personal units.

JS1scuba:
SIMPLE EASY --- AQUALUNG LEGEND LX

20% less parts
Overbalanced Diaphram design
No Swivel head, great hose configuration

I own 8 personal units.

Ford or Chevy, they both have great products?

Both types of regulators are good performers, no doubt about it!

You have more hose configuration options with the MK25.

Because there is less parts and I am guessing that Joel's stat of 20% less is also a guess - and no I'm not going to go count parts. This just means that you are replacing 20% less parts more frequently than with the ScubaPro. :D

Also keep in mind that Scubapro warranties free service parts for LIFE in the US and Canada.

I don't retail any reqs, this is just my opinion. YMMV.

Dennis

Ford or Chevy.......I think we are more talking about Lexus or Mercedes here.

Both are excellent Regs. No issues. I have the LX and love it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom