What Reg Do You Recomend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi scoufr,

I'd say that you probably can mix different makers if they have compatible intermediate pressures. If you have not tried yet I'd advise to go to a pool and try there, then go diving with your buddy close to you just in case. I've made quite a few dives with different maker's 1st and 2nd stages. If they are worse than a dedicated. one (only 1 maker) is something I do not really know. We will wait for somebody with more knowledge to enlighten us.

My 2 cents

Paddy

scoufr:
Thanks. Here's a stupic question - many times 1st and 2nd stages are sold together here. Does that mean they are normally specially adapted to each other, or could one mix brands and designs freely without compromising quality?
The DST (turret) and DS4 first stages are functionally identical. They even have the same rebuild kit. Any Apeks first stage will work with any Apeks 2nd stage, they are just bundled together in packages to be sold as a set. But any Apeks dealer (including mine!) can order whatever combination you are looking for.

I couldn't tell you about Scubapro or other regs, but I'd assume it'd be similar in terms of first/second stage interchangability?

scoufr:
*newbie to all technical stuf...*
I'm by *no* means a tech expert, I'm learning all this as I go along. I do like the Apeks stuff, and have come to appreciate it more as I learn more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom