What piece of equipment has made your diving more enjoyable/easier/comfortable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There not mommies.......there daddies:):) or husband:( now if you could only find one to pack, carry and wash your gear. A big strong guy.... Wouldn't it be wonderful:)

barb once bubbled...
So what piece of equipment has changed your diving experience?
I have to vote for my regulator. Diving was just totally uncomfortable without one. I mean having to breath of that J valve just made the dive less enjoyable. :jester:

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

No question about it, my Mares ESA mask. Black skirt, and 6 windows, 2 up front, 2 downward viewing, and 2 on the sides. I can see what is in my BC pockets, I can see out of the corner of my eye to the left or right of me and verify that my buddy is near me in lower vis, without having to move my head. It took a little getting used to, but after a while I learned how to see out of them, and will never go back to viewing out of a tunnel again.

Since ineffective UW noisemakers were mentioned in the "Waste of Money Thread", I thought I'd mention the Hammerhead UW signaling device.

My wife and I have used the hammerhead for things as simple as pointing out a photo op, all the way up to pointing out the Bullshark interested in my stringer of fish.

I should point out that we use the device sparingly, especially when other divers are in the water.

My Heuer watch. This old sucker has worn out several wetsuits, a drysuit, several BCD's, fins, masks, computers and even dive buoys! It has nearly 2000 dives on it, (under the ice, in caves, past 200', and for dives lasting for hours), and it has never been back to the factory or even to a jewler! (I replace the battery myself every two to three years) It is nearly 22 years old and it keeps perfect time! I love it and would not consider any other brand. I trust it more than my dive computers!
Norm

The jacket style BCD is very comfortable vis a vis its budget price. Also love my SP reg.

BSH

Back inflate BC and a new pair of Aeris Velocity fins. Some folks are just easy to please.

Except for dry suits (I hate cold water), its got to be your computer - right! Same as in the non-diving world - I'll take my PC over pen/paper (tables), abacus, adding machine, telephone, US mail, trips to the library etc. etc. any day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom