What options are there to add weight to double AL80's ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find that I need 12lbs diving salt water and drysuit with double AL80s.

I would avoid the highland trim weight pouch that requires lead shot. I have witnessed similar issues - only about 4 MAYBE 5lbs.

The trick is evenly, or marginallly tilting to correct trim, the weight across the plate and tanks so that you don't become too head or foot heavy.

1.The 7-8lb lead block that goes in the middle in conjunction with a bottom only weight pouch (sold on DGX) would work.
2. Bottom V weight pouch in conjunction with placing soft weight on top of the wing and behind the back plate
3. Halcyon V-weight pouch - works well with normal steel doubles and soft weight. I'm not sure if it could take 12lbs and aluminum doubles - I would worry about too much weight and not enough clearance between tanks. but it should be able to handle 2 x 3lb weights in the middle, plus a 4 or 5 on the bottom - Extreme Exposure

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom