What mm suit for Oz winter in North GBR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We'll be in Oz in the beginning of their winter for a couple of weeks in June. What mm should I prepare to take along?
Would 3mm jumpsuit type be enough for multible diving on liveaboard?
Thanks,
Caymaniac:D

It is only an opinion from experience but I was wreck diving in Kingston Onterio in Aug past and I needed my 7mm hendersn to stay comfortable at 80 ft.My buddy at the time was wearing a 3 mm and damn near froze his ass off.The difference is this Roger realized it was time to return to the assent line when we noticed he only had 500 lbs left in his tank.I wasn't too worried because I was still at 1600lbs.Thing is at a depth where it's so cold if you arent warm you will burn a lot more air seriously cutting in on you fun so if you go beyoud 30 ft I would strongly suggest going with a 7 mm.Think of the thermoclines.

caymaniac's question was about diving in Australia on the Great Barrier Reef, not in Ontario :)

Wander on over to www.diveoz.com.au - there are a bunch of Queensland divers there who can answer your question. Then make sure you run back home to ScubaBoard.

Back
Top Bottom