What mask with a good field of vision fogs up less?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the Cressi Big Eyes exclusively. They have a great field of view and almost never fog on me. I have other masks that do fog every dive... they don't get used except by my guests.

I love the field of view the X-vision offers and it has been my only mask for about 4 years now. I did the same abraisive cleaning when I got it, then I use 500PSI no-fog about once a day and never have a fogging issue

I have been using a TUSA M-23 for about 1.5 years. It is a highend streamlined version of the X-vision. The mask can be a little tempermental until you get it adjusted but has great visability, and I have had no trouble with fogging. I generally use a commercial defogger on the first dive of the day and spittle for the rest with good success.

I use a Tusa Serene and Sea Dog drops and fogging is a non issue, of course I cleaned it with tooth paste when I first bought it. Great Mask.

I've tried the cigarette lighter trick by myself and despite it looks a little bit "primitive", it works great, the best thing about it is you see that hell of a protective film burning away, so you exactly know when your mask is ready for spiting and dive :wink:
Well, of course it can still get fogged but in this case, problem would not be a bad first cleaning.

drbill:
I dive the Cressi Big Eyes exclusively. They have a great field of view and almost never fog on me. I have other masks that do fog every dive... they don't get used except by my guests.

Such a considerate host!

I use the Hydrooptix mask and also the X-vision liquid skin. I can honestly say that the Hydrooptix is unparalleled in terms of field of view. I'm near sighted, so I don't need to wear contacts to use them. I had an issue with the mask fogging and called the company about it. The good folks at Hydrooptix promptly sent me a new one (while allowing me to keep the old one) and they picked up the shipping tab. All said and done, I had a new mask within a week and was never without one. I've used the new mask in water temps in the low 50's and have had no fogging issues.

The X-vision is also good, but mine does fog on occassion. The nice thing about the Hydrooptix is that if it does fog (which the new one has yet to do), you can let a little water in and it's no worries because of the large volume.

Of course, if you need contacts to use the Hydrooptix, that's a whole other consideration beyond the scope of the question. I've got one buddy who does it and loves it. I hate wearing contacts, I'm horrible at putting them in, so the choice for me was pretty easy. Cheers

Forget the fancy abrasive mask cleaners! Just keep a small travel size tube of tooth past(not gel) in your mask box with a small travel tooth brush. Works great!

When you first buy a new mask, it's very important to scrub the heck out of the lenses before it's first use!

Also, when preping for a dive, what works best for me is spit rubbed into a dry mask. Rinse it once and don't touch the glass again before putting it on. Masks don't fog because of poor design, they fog due to lack of prep......

Another vote for the Cressi Big Eyes if you still intend on buying a new mask.

Back
Top Bottom