What Mask Should I Get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried on over a hundred masks, I have found exactly one that fits well. I have deep eyes and a Cro magnon ish forehead. Double lens masks usually hit my nose or just above my nose. This mask works best for me:

Aqua Lung Wraparound Mask, Black

You just have to endure the comments that someone used the same mask....in 1975...

Also, Mako Spearguns guarantees their mask to fit. It didn't work for me, but one phone call and I had a shipping label emailed to me immediately to return it. Masks were great quality, equal or better then the $100 masks I have bought to try. Great company, you might give them a try. I've spent a lot more than $37 on lesser quality masks that didn't work....

Dive-Masks-Snorkels

Good luck, I feel your pain. The good news is that with a little water in your mask at all times, you don't have to worry about anti-fog.

Jay

Last edited:
Try a Mako Mini mask. If if leaks or you don't like it, they will take it back. I bought two, one for me, and one for my wife, and both of us have face shapes that don't like very many masks. We are not sending them back because they did not leak. A big plus was the low cost of the mask.

My problem is I exhale through my nose. I have found a mask with a small purge in the nose pocket to fix that. It gives a pressure relief that does not break the seal.

Has anyone tried a camera mask? If so, could (s)he tell me about the pros and cons?

Something like this:Underwater Diving Camera 5MP CMOS Sensor HD Video 30M Waterproof LCD Display HS3 | eBay

Well, if it's a mask that come with a camera built-in you will be stuck with a mask that may or may not fit well, and most likely not. If you buy a mask you like that fits well and has a camera mount on the top I think you'd be better off, however it is unlikely that you will be able to frame your subject the way you would want it. This might be OK if all you want is to record your dive, but that's different from actually doing videography.

Back
Top Bottom