what man-eating sharks are found in Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cebudiver:
Once in Camiguin we were arguing about this with a friend. He pulled out a book he had and there it was in black and white. I could not begin to tell you which book that was or how to find it.

man thats a shame! ive been researching for years and havent found any documents to prove that they are already in our waters, i believe they are but no one seems to beleive me and all my ramblings are based on hearsay.

chip104:
Hi Ishie, I know that Dumaguete is known more for benthic life and reef fishes (macro shots if you're a photographer). Not so sure about the pelagics. Best to ask ScubaV or Marku since they're from the area and can answer all your questions about it. Happy traveling!!!

(my 7 year old cousin is watching as I type this and wanted me to put the heart icon. Nothing personal.)

Thanks!

I know Dumaguete is a macro paradise, which is why I'm itching to get the suddenly backordered macro lens, and that's my primary area of focus. I'd love to catch some pelagics though, just because I don't really see them much. As far as big life I've actually seen, otters, seals, and sea lions, and the occasional heart-attack inducing explosion of cormorant next to you are always wonderful, but not a lot of big fishies, except THE big fishie, and I have no desire to see him without a cage.

Since I've only dived California, and primarily Northern California, we don't get the fun sharks that a lot of areas of the world do. We hypothetically get leopard sharks, which I've never seen outside the aqarium, a very occasional thresher shark (never seen one), the angel shark that hangs at Monastery, and big landlords. No fun reef sharks.

When I was in the Channels for lobster, I saw the profile of a 3.5-4' shortfin mako at the outskirts of the vis, and later, a cute 1'-1.5' horn shark hiding in the grass, and both experiences were really enchanting at different levels. No fear or anything; the first shark was totally uninterested in me, and the second shark was afraid of me, so now, I'm itching to dive with something like the whitetip reef sharks, nurse sharks, raggies, Caribbean reef sharks, etc, and other forms of "if you don't bother them, they'll generally leave you alone" sharks.

Ishie:
...and other forms of "if you don't bother them, they'll generally leave you alone" sharks.

i just love how you phrased your statement :D

i like them sharks in that "flavor" too hehehehe

Ishie:
Thanks!

except THE big fishie, and I have no desire to see him without a cage.

Since I've only dived California, and primarily Northern California, we don't get the fun sharks that a lot of areas of the world do.

:sharks: Fun sharks? Hope you don't go hiking up in thar hills ... heard those bears can be fun too.:D

My japanese friend saw a tiger shark in tanon straight between cebu and negros oriental. Big one, but deep.That was the last dive of the day hehehe.Apo island has thresher sharks too but I think only one left, fishermen got the small ones but they regulated it now thank God..Diving in Dumaguete? ask me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom