What makes one regulator better than another?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep 6 signature regs are their own design and not a clone of anyone. I wish people would stop propogating that myth.

I can. Cressi. The only regs I threw away as I didn't want to give it away for free and have someone else deal with the headache of brand new parts failing.

Clone of the HOG regulators with some enhancements. HOG is based on Apeks design. So the D6 regulator is the illegitimate daughter of an Apeks regulator design clone.

This is one of the rarest times where I agree with you, Cressi is the crappiest of all crappie regulators indeed.

I'll buy you a Turkish coffee and Turkish Baklava when we meet for sure.

Can I ask why? I've seen Cressi regs used in many rental shops, and yes, some models are cheap, but they also have higher end models. Are you saying that they are all bad? (I was thinking about buying Cressi for traveling)

Few people use a redundant first stage -- one of the bugbears of solo and technical divers. But the world doesn't seem to have a rash of "recreational" divers suffering from kit failing at 10m/30'.

Never heard of those "Sea Elite" regulators before. Some Chinese OEM rebranding product?

Sea Elite is a Diver Supply house brand (divers-supply.com). One of the managers Bob Collins is also the "Director of Pro Development for EDGE-HOG ", so I'm guessing Sea Elite is a rebrand of Edge/Hog regs. See pictures attached

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.06.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 11.07.14 AM.png

Sea Elite is a Diver Supply house brand (divers-supply.com). One of the managers Bob Collins is also the "Director of Pro Development for EDGE-HOG ", so I'm guessing Sea Elite is a rebrand of Edge/Hog regs. See pictures attached

View attachment 669862 View attachment 669863 .
Some time ago I bought a SeaElite Scout BCD. It was a very good deal. The BCD is superb.
A few months after I bought it there was a valve springs recall. I received the replacement springs with the instructions of how to replace them.
The recall and springs were sent by EDGE-HOG.
So yes, SeaElite brand is built by EDGE-HOG.

Back
Top Bottom