What makes a good dive boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo, the lift Ayisha is referring too is hydraulic, powered off the engine. I used to work for the guy who built it. He was a diver, and rather plump, so he had his own best interest at heart. My only complaint about it is that it doesn't go down quite far enough. If I swim onto it, I can easily sit on it, but not stand, so I still need to get vertical with my twins.

If you have seen Jill Heinerth's film "We Are Water", we are diving from that boat in Tobermory.. kinda blue and white... :wink: It's operated by G+S Watersports, which generously donated it, and a crew, to us for four days while worked on the film!

Im Setting up a new dive boat for charters and Im very interested In every ones input on what they think makes good dive boat. ...//...

Start with the basics.

TWO heads 1 M & 1 F. (just for the hell of it, find out exactly what it takes to get a She-P on and working. Compare this to a male external catheter, what ten seconds...)

A REAL dive ladder. Call Enrique Alvarez for your dive ladder, suggest nothing, just go with it.

A canopy that can get the sun off of the cattle when needed.

Plenty of space below, stow racks for dry dive gear. Bunks with keeper bars. Chargers at each bunk for dive lights.

Inside bench seats that will squeeze in 2/3 of your divers when the Atlantic turns on you.

A current line and a granny line that aren't a pain in the ass for the crew to deploy.

Carbs, caffeine, and hydration.

A big cooler for the hunters (that isn't full of food.)

A bungee well that is full of useable bungees.

RB benches and backmount benches, pick your own ratio.

Onboard O2 that actually works.

Cleats that will hold an equipment line.

Learn how to drag mussels and don't gripe about it.

forget the fantasy elevator.

-you asked...

---------- Post added April 17th, 2013 at 09:59 PM ----------

OK, fantasy replacement: A set of gorgeous twins that will get you to 25kt...

…forget the fantasy elevator...

This is no fantasy, they pick it up tomorrow. Did I mention I'm really excited!

L2F Fab 2013-04-9.jpg

About how far did the platform go underwater? Four Feet/1200 mm seems to be the most common.

In the case of the Joseph Simon in Tobermory, I'd say maybe 3'... 4' would be ducky...

There was a dive charter boat a while back in fort lauderdale with seperate his and hers restrooms. First time I had ever seen that but worked
out pretty well. It was a very large catamaran type hull with all kinds of deck space that allowed them to set it up this way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom