what make is my steel LP95?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think it had a name on it. I had some tanks that took me awhile to figure out the make. They wound up being asihi or something like that from Japan. I found it stamped on them pretty small.

Post some pictures if you can.
Depending on age most fabers are painted white. OMS used faber but may have used a different finish. Asihi are galvanized silver looking. Worthington and PST for the most part are galvanized silver too.

Brent

Brent

OMS used Faber but the finish one those is a greyish version of the standard Faber white.

SparticleBrane:
OMS used Faber but the finish one those is a greyish version of the standard Faber white.

I have a scubapro tank. However the word "Faber" is stanpped on the tank. The paint is day-glow yellow with dolphins stenciled over the yellow paint. The tank has a scubapro boot and valve. My guess is that ANY painted tank, unless it is very old is a Faber. I do have one steel 72 from the 1960's that was sold as a "US Divers" tanl make by PST. It is painted, not hot dipped.

I have a black LP 95 tank that is very simalar. I cannot find the manufacturer's name anywhere on it.

Here is what the tank reads:

DOT-3AA2400 D382818<c> GALV

The <c> is actually in a little diamond looking thing.

Jeremy

There should be a MXXXX manufacturers number on your tank. What is the number?
Lee
www.seapearls.com

hey guys,
Paint doesn't make it any particular.
I know a guy that powder coats metal items,
When I approached him to get a set of tanks refinished,
he claimed to have done several already.
Also said I could choose from a variety of avail colors.
So, paint is just paint and shouldn't be
relied upon 100% to pidgeon-hole the manufacturer.

JKSteger:
I have a black LP 95 tank that is very simalar. I cannot find the manufacturer's name anywhere on it.

Here is what the tank reads:

DOT-3AA2400 D382818<c> GALV

The <c> is actually in a little diamond looking thing.

Jeremy

Coyne maybe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom