What Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmm, followup question. Where does a "rec" diver attach a canister light? It seems that they are designed for DIR divers with "wing" type BC's.

Thanks and sorry for the dumb question.

Mark

mweitz,
That's acuatally a pretty good question.
My daughter wants to use mine.
I made her buy her own gear and now she's kicking herself for not going B/P wings.
Other than letting her use my rig I don't have that answer yet.
Andy

mweitz:
Hmm, followup question. Where does a "rec" diver attach a canister light? It seems that they are designed for DIR divers with "wing" type BC's.

Thanks and sorry for the dumb question.

Mark

Just checked my other two BCD's.
On the Knighthawk there is webing between the wing and weight system where you can attach it. It won't be as easy as taking off a BPW, but should work just fine.

On the Zeagle Ranger - it looks like you could ziptie it to the front of the cumberbun. It might be a bit in your way, but shouldn't be too bad. Make sure you do it on the right side, so as not to iterfere with the release on the weight integration system.

Not sure what you have for a BCD, but my guess is that with a bit of time spent figuring it out you should be able to come up with a way.

If it gets too frustrating you could always upgrade to a BPW. Just explain to your wife how much safer you will be :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom