What kind of fins do i need

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeLo

Registered
Reaction score
I've been using marse quttro power full foot fins and they feel too stiff and asside from that they also hurt my feet..so i'm looking for a new pair of fins.

I need a fin that will comfortabbly propel me above the water and at the same time be able to have enough power to get me deep, fast and allow me more bottom time. I'm open to any suggestions but would prefer to stay with a close heel fin. thx

Depends if your looking for a traditional style or a split fin style or force fins. I have been looking for a pair of fins myself so I've been around the board a bit.

Personally I have chosen to go for some OMS Slipstreams for doing the frog kick. They are also cheap, and pretty light. The ScubaPro Jet Fins are exactly the same as the slipstreams except they are heavier, which might be good for drysuit diving.

If you want to go for more modern fins you could try split fins or the force fins. I have heard good things about the force fins, but they are expensive and look quite goofy. Check them out on their website here. Concerning the split fins I have tried the Tusa Xpert Zooms which were pretty nice fins. They had a lot of thrust, although I could see them not working very well for frog kicks and anything other than paddle kicking. I checked out the Oceanic V16's but didn't try them out. They look pretty spiffy, but they aren't cheap.

In the end it comes down to what you are looking for. If you want a cheap functional solid pair of fins I'd reccomend the Jet's or the Slipstreams. If you want some high end peformance fins I'd go with the force fins (can range from $150-$700 depending on the kind - ballpark numbers don't quote me on them). If you want some fins with some good acceleration try out the split fins.

NeLo:
I need a fin that will comfortabbly propel me above the water
Man, you must have one heck of a fast flutter. At best, I only get about halfway out of the water when I kick. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom