What kind of diver are you?

Pick the one or more that best fits your diving. Full description in First Post.

• Recreational Diver

Votes: 191 60.1%
  • Rec-tech Diver

Votes: 67 21.1%
  • Minimalist/Vintage Dive

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Technical Diver

Votes: 40 12.6%
  • Public Safety Diver

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • Recreational Dive Master/Guide

Votes: 30 9.4%
  • Professional Recreational Dive Instructor

Votes: 25 7.9%
  • Technical Dive Instructor

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Professional Dive Instructor

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • Commercial Professional Diver

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Military Diver

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avid recreational. About 6 trips a year and about 60 dives a year for the past 6 years. Water from high 40s to mid 80s, visibility 10 feet to nearly unlimited. I really like to dive and do whenever I can.

Good diving, Craig

Also an avid rec diver. It's all about fun and relaxation.

Combination of 4 & 5, but since I live in S. Florida, the coldest I get is about 60 degrees. I did about 80 dives this past year.

Avid Recreational Diver: I dive on a regular (non-professional) basis , recreationally, cold or warm water, local and on vacation. (more than 50 dives a year)

But changing soon - just started DM

We don't fit any of the categories neatly (but we're used to this by now).

We have 'beginner' technical certs and we're not likely to pursue further training to mixed gases with helium.

No local diving - I once put together some local specialty c-card ideas of underwater herpetologist (as a sub-specialty of the underwater naturalist theme) and pirogue diver (as a sub specialty of the boat diver theme) but I don't think those ideas reside here any more. The 'Dirty Jobs' TV program episodes with Mike Rowe at the alligator farm and going crawfish collecting emptying traps are good reference matter for local diving potential where we're at.

So, we only dive on vacations, in warm , clear water. We get 30+ dives a year typically logged this way, mainly as independent buddy team shore dives these days, taking our time and diving our schedule instead of someone else's schedule. Our gear is tech-capable but our proiles are largely rec-only (no decompression obligation incurred single tank back gas carried diving).

And, we're definitely dork divers since we only dive for fun.

I am very technical diver, I dive often beyond 200 feet in very cold lakes with helium. Since 2006, I never dive recreationally in tropical sea, the tropical sea miss me.

I'm both #4 and #6. I don't dive as often as I want.:depressed:

Boat captain/recreational-not my only job
I do about 100 dives a year from my own boat with friends and charters because I love diving and anything that is related to it. But cannot make a living chartering my boat but does help to pay expenses on boat and gear.

Recreation diver and PSD. I dive more as PSD than Rec. unfortunetly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom