What kind of diver are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a zen diver, diving nurtures my soul...or so I've been told :) I dive for the relaxation and tranquility it provides my mental state....plus it feels pretty good too:D

My open water dives are all about the life in the water. I don't take pictures, but love diving with people who do -- then I get the dive the way I like it, and the pictures, too!

Wrecks + Photo. Fish bore me.

I like to dive for a few reasons: to see marine life, especially cephalopods, to see wrecks, to collect scallops and to take pictures. I like night dives in particular too.

I'm all about the marine life: big or small, fish, invertebrate, plant or (yet to see any while diving but I'm hopeful) other. Ever since I can remember, I've been fascinated by things that live in the water... I can't go past a body of open water without having a look to see if there's anything interesting in it; I used to carry my snorkel around in my car just in case I'd have a chance to use it somewhere; and now diving is an even better way to see underwater creatures!

Finally, yes, I have to admit that there is something about just being underwater, completely at home, able to breathe, to maneuver easily and go wherever I like without having to struggle to stay down or worry about returning to the surface for air all the time. It's serene, relaxing, kind of like meditating... and probably the closest I'll get to being a fish, in this lifetime at least!
This is pretty much me to a T, especially the underlined.

Except for the part about having the snorkel with me at all times.. not because I don't want to.. just because there is nowhere to use it here in Colorado :depressed: but one day that will change :wink:

I just like to be underwater with my wife breathing air.. I dont care about anything else.. It can be in a pool or in an underwater desert with 0 life.. Im good as long as we are floating along..

I've thought about this before and I honestlly enjoy fresh water diving in the Great Lakes which I guess would make me a wreck diver. I don't care for warm water diving, get very bored on reefs and ocean wrecks. Love diving wrecks in the Great Lakes. The colder, darker and deeper the dive, the more I enjoy it....

For me it's relaxing,exciting to see what's down there.It is also peaceful and beautiful.I also enjoy the great friends that I've made and dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom