Suggestion "What Kind Of Diver Are You?" Profile Tab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Spragg01

Spragg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The two catagories I fit closest to in the "What Kind of Diver Are You" tab aren't quite accurate, as I have too many specialized skills to be just an "average diver" but not yet enough experience to really consider myself "experienced." Would it be possible (or advisable) to add two additional catagories . . .

-Scientific Diver

and

-Industrial/Commercial Diver

$.02

Regards,

Select "Average" - be proud of your humility. :D

What's the definition of a "Scientific Diver"?

OSHA: "Scientific diving is defined (29 CFR 1910.402) as diving performed solely as a necessary part of a scientific, research, or educational activity by employees whose sole purpose for diving is to perform scientific research tasks."

OSHA considers scientific diving to be a form of commercial diving, and outlines basic training guidelines, oversight requirements for institutions with scientific diving programs, and exemptions from other OSHA requirements for commercial divers. In my mind's eye, a scientific diver is anyone who is required by their job to conduct dive ops in the name of scientific research. Thoughts?

Best,

Sounds good. I feel like I finally BELONG! :D

Best,

Back
Top Bottom