What I've been up to...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if fishie can do it,i can do it,its time to get rid of that nasty habit been wondering where you have been,missed your brand of humor.:D

Congratulations!!!! I smoked for 30 years and quit 18 months 4 days 3 hours and 29 minutes ago.
It's not easy but well worth it in the end. The way I quit was to find something I wanted to do more than smoke.....(dive). I convinced myself that I couldn't afford to dive if I was paying all that money out on cigarettes...I put them down and went to get certified. Whenever I wanted a cigarette, I told myself I would have to sell my gear and give up diving. Well....I'm still diving!!!
Just think of all the extra gear you can buy now.!! Hang in there....You're on the down-hill side now.

Thanks, Dave!! Life is good... I've already saved over $100 by not smoking for a month, and that's with cigarettes being just under $3/pack, here. In Philly, they are over $6/pack. SIX DOLLARS!!! For ONE pack!! What the hell??

Congratulations on quitting!! Hats off to you, brother! *applauding*

There's something I want more than smoking:
I want to BREATHE!! :wink:

Congratulations on quitting smoking Frank, you're doing your body a world of good :).

Congrats Fishy! It really gets easier. 13 years for me!
When the taste buds come back, you are in for a wonderful surprise. Food tastes sooooo gooooood!

I was wondering what you were up to as well.

Props to you! Now if ever we meet I won't have to try to get you to quit, LOL. You are so going to love life without cigarettes.

It is getting close to three years for me, and I still have those weird dreams that I am lighting up, and then thinking " What am I doing?!!?".

Back
Top Bottom