What is your warmest 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oneal J suit... been warm in 39 degree water in one...not the easiest to get into....I also have a Bare arctic and a Pinnacle arctic... the Bare is warmer, but neither are close.

I agree with puffer fish oneal makes the best wetsuits out there now. But for a couple hundred dollars more you can get and entry level drysuit like a bare next gen or mares drysuits . So is a good 7 mm really worth it ? I got mine on clear out but i do dive dry 99% of the time

Besides custom solutions, I'd recommend Aqualung SolAfx 8/7: SolAfx Wetsuits. They call it "semi-dry", but it's basically how all wet suits should be anyway. Very warm and stretchy. Downside - prepare to carry lots of weight and master your buoyancy skills. It compresses very well.

I'm wearing it with 3mm core warmer for our 55F California waters.

I love the H2.... feels great! Very comfortable and easy to don/doff. That is if I ever dove a 7mm any more. I can't comment on the durability as I have only just tried it out.

I would recommend looking into a dry suit. The cost per dive would actually be much lower. If you take care of it, it will last long enough to make the extra cost worth it.

You will never find me in anything thicker than a 3mm.... if it is too cold for my 3mm I am diving dry!

Good luck on your search.

Besides custom solutions, I'd recommend Aqualung SolAfx 8/7: SolAfx Wetsuits. They call it "semi-dry", but it's basically how all wet suits should be anyway. Very warm and stretchy. Downside - prepare to carry lots of weight and master your buoyancy skills. It compresses very well.

I'm wearing it with 3mm core warmer for our 55F California waters.

+1

An incredible suit. Enormously warmer than the regualr 7mm suit I was renting. It has an integral hood, too.

Absolutely the greatest thing I have purchased.

A two pc. 7mm Henderson with a 7mm hood will keeo you warm. I use to dive the L.I. Sound and it was good enough. With the Gold Core suit your second dive will be in a dry suit because of the interior finish, and that is nice to know.

I got a Bare Arctic 7mm full suit with a 7mm hooded vest that I wore in Alaska and Vancouver this last May that worked well for me. I had to carry a heck of a lot of lead, but I was good.

I love my Wetwear suit. I have never been warmer in my life! Easiest suit ever to get on and off with the extra long zippers in the arms and legs. I have always gotten cold easily and would avoid diving if the temps were to low, not anymore. I wear my full suit and always bring my 2nd piece shorty to go over top for the second dive if I feel even the slightest bit chilled on the first. Then I am toasty warm!

I love my Pinnacle Merino lined 7/5 Artic with a BARE 7mm sport hooded vest. Been comfy down to 45 degrees in Michigan. Be ready to add the lead though. I dont feel the water trickle in till about 5 mins into a dive. Dont wanna pee in it though since there is so little water movement.

I live and Dive in New England .. north of CT and I use an Akona 7/5 with no issues .. Dove Nubble Light in 42 feet of water without a hint of cold

+1 for the Bare Arctic. I dive primarily Ohio quarries. My coldest to date is 39F for 41 minutes at an average of 31 feet. I also wear a scubapro dive skin when it hits 50F. I paid less than $250 for it and absolutely love it. I was going to get a drysuit the next year, and just wanted get a suit for the winter, but it works well enough that I haven't bothered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom