What is your highest certification?

Your highest certification

• OW

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • AOW

Votes: 60 21.4%
  • Rescue

Votes: 67 23.8%
  • MSD (have card, not only meeting requirements)

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • DM

Votes: 30 10.7%
  • DM, MSD obtained after

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • DM, MSD obtained before

Votes: 17 6.0%
  • Instructor

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Instructor, MSD obtained after

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Instructor, MSD obtained before

Votes: 21 7.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAUI MSD (not "do dives and get a card" program)...

Thing is, after that, I went the Technical path...

Hold AN/DP, and working on "Tri-Mix"...

This posted before I was done, already reported, please stand by.

This poll is to give some numbers to Percentage of divers who go beyond openwater? . In addition, the numerous DM MSD choices are made to address another question that came up in discussion. I put this in advanced for a more lively discussion, should it be needed.

I don't get into the advanced rec specialties, also known as tech.

Bob
LOL. I guess the Poll title ought to be: Percentage of Divers on ScubaBoard Who Respond to Polls Who Go Beyond Open Water?

NAUI MSD (not "do dives and get a card" program)...

Thing is, after that, I went the Technical path...

Hold AN/DP, and working on "Tri-Mix"...
I think we need a PADI/NAUI MSD thread...………..(smiley face thing I forgot how to do).

LOL. I guess the Poll title ought to be: Percentage of Divers on ScubaBoard Who Respond to Polls Who Go Beyond Open Water?

Got to start somewhere.

Out of your choices Rescue. Otherwise Adv Trimix & Closed Circuit Rebreather (Meg)

But you have instructor under your avatar? I am just looking for the highest certification, if you are an instructor I don't care if you "missed a step". Instructor implies a knowledge, skill, and responsibility greater than the other certifications.

I didn't get into advanced recreational because there are so many certs and and progressions, it would be like doing the same for recreational specialties, but an instructor is still an instructor.

Bob

But you have instructor under your avatar?
I'm increasingly suspicious of the info under an avatar. Instructor does't mean instructor, Solo doesn't mean solo, 0-24 or uncertified doesn't mean squat Divemaster doesn't mean functioning,

padi-dir-cali.jpg

I'm increasingly suspicious of the info under an avatar

If it makes you feel better, I am a solo diver, but I get your point. I don't know the rules, but could a diver go into tech and become an instructor without first becoming a DM?

Bob

Got to start somewhere.

But you have instructor under your avatar? I am just looking for the highest certification, if you are an instructor I don't care if you "missed a step". Instructor implies a knowledge, skill, and responsibility greater than the other certifications.

I didn't get into advanced recreational because there are so many certs and and progressions, it would be like doing the same for recreational specialties, but an instructor is still an instructor.

Bob

When I posted rescue was the highest cert listed. Looks like your choices have been altered.

could a diver go into tech and become an instructor without first becoming a DM?
No, not in any agencies I am aware of.

Back
Top Bottom