What is your highest certification?

Your highest certification

• OW

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • AOW

Votes: 60 21.4%
  • Rescue

Votes: 67 23.8%
  • MSD (have card, not only meeting requirements)

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • DM

Votes: 30 10.7%
  • DM, MSD obtained after

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • DM, MSD obtained before

Votes: 17 6.0%
  • Instructor

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Instructor, MSD obtained after

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Instructor, MSD obtained before

Votes: 21 7.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know a guy who wears it on his jacket

So there is PADI's MSD cap or you just sewn the badge on it.
I sewed it on. I also have a DM cap and polo shirts with MSD and DM patches sewn on them. I wear them to band rehearsals where no one is a diver.

Tech is allways higher than aow as aow is minimum required to go tech and every form of tech instructor is higher than owsi.

On average a full cave diver or full trimix diver is a better diver than owsi in skills, trim and bouyancy. Even has better knowledge of diveplanning. So with this they are higher than owsi. But the owsi teach, and the owsi is better, so higher than the highest techlevels. Here it is hard to say what is higher.

I sewed it on. I also have a DM cap and polo shirts with MSD and DM patches sewn on them. I wear them to band rehearsals where no one is a diver.
What did you do with the certificate, frame it and hang it on the wall?

What did you do with the certificate, frame it and hang it on the wall?
YES... BOTH OF THEM! And, I still have my special bonus gift of embroidered MSD backpack which is good for storing beads from Mardi Gras parades.

YES... BOTH OF THEM! And, I still have my special bonus gift of embroidered MSD backpack which is good for storing beads from Mardi Gras parades.
Congrats

I know a guy who wears it on his jacket

I was on a plane home from Ft. Myers Florida and the guy across the isle from me was wearing a jacket with his PADI accomplishment patches on it. Therefore I felt like striking up a conversation as it was during DEMA this year. So I asked him why he was not at DEMA. The guy looked at me like he was lost in an episode of the Twilight Zone. He said "What is DEMA?" I apologized for bothering the 15 year PADI Instructor.

DEMA is in Europe not as famous as the Boot show. Maybe he was not from the US?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom