What is your favorite shoe for scuba, and why are they Crocs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took only a pair of Crocs when I went to Mexico last Aug for full cave. No other shoes. I did wear them with socks most of the time. Easy on and off at security and when getting in an out of wetsuit.

Everyone calling flip-flops that still makes me pause. I’m old enough that we called them thongs when I was growing up, but thongs are something totally different now. 🤣😂

I’m old enough that we called them thongs when I was growing up
Still called thongs here, or pluggers to the bogans.

Everyone calling flip-flops that still makes me pause. I’m old enough that we called them thongs when I was growing up, but thongs are something totally different now. 🤣😂
I’m 60 and, at least in NJ, we called them flip flops when I was growing up.

They were cheap with a flat foamed sole and the piece that went between your toes could be sharp and uncomfortable. They rarely lasted more than 1 summer as that part would pull out from the sole.

The new flip flop sandals like the OluKai’s are really nice, comfortable and durable!

Crocs and I don't get along, so stick to the usual suspects topside. Diving wise I generally go commando w/ full-foot's if I can get away with it.

Hari Mari.JPG

I may have a different idea of what I'm looking for. The sandals I wear to/from the boat, and during that time my swimwear is draining water to my feet, are not the same sandals I'll be wearing when we walk a half mile or more to a restaurant. My 'scuba' shoes go into the shower to get the 'funk' out a few times a week when I'm diving, so they can't be leather and they must dry relatively quickly (by next morning at least).

I went looking for my old Tevas, thinking maybe I can repair the velcro - but I think I must have tossed them. I hate like heck to spend $80+ for another pair, but I really like them.

I’m old enough that we called them thongs when I was growing up,
My thongs, yes I have expensive taste, they last for years. Rieker Men's 'flip flops'
81gaWscEE7L._AC_SY575_.jpg

Good luck. Maybe that's not what you do.
Either bare foot or booties on the boat, these are for when I step ashore, the surfaces get very hot in our climate.

Back
Top Bottom